Thursday, March 24, 2011

The never ending cold

This stupid cold has angered me! Yesterday I called in sick to work, slept until 1:30 in the afternoon and took loads of medicine. I was a walking zombie for the part of the day I was awake and definitely did not even think about turning on the computer. Ok, I did think about it but I didn't get very far with it. So of course today I am still catching up from what I missed yesterday.

Last night or actually I think it might have been the night before. I could not tell you for sure because it is all a cold medicine induced fog right now. Anyway, I decided my purse was too heavy and needed to be cleaned out. Once again there was more polish in there then some stores carry.


I also had a nail incident. I swear they just hate me.After I was done making chocolates for the baby shower order and looked down to see a huge chip in the polish on my index finger. Upon closer inspection definitely not a chip but my nail had a nice little split and the nail was bent back so it looked like a chip. NOT COOL!


I don't know if you can see it in the above picture but for some reason my nails like to always break there. It angers me! Greatly! I thought I would just do a little tissue paper patch and hopefully save it for awhile.


As you can see that failed. I looked down at my nail yesterday and the nice little break was back. Usually the tissue paper works but I am assuming my cold induced fog impaired my ability to patch the darn thing. Not cool.

Because I didn't feel well at all I just chopped the dang thing off. Super nub it is! I know it looks wonky but the right side broke so low I am not willingly going to file the left side down to that level. I would rather it look silly then deal with that. I am sure it would hurt too! So please excuse the super nub. I should just make them all nubs but I am stubborn and refuse. I think I filed down the middle finger a little last night because the corner was being difficult and bending. I think they look a little more even now.

I will have a post up on the polish I am wearing in these pictures a little later. It is Cult Nails My Kind of Cool Aid. 

That's all for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!