Monday, March 28, 2011

March Monday Madness!

I don't like watching basketball much because all the action happens in the last two minutes so why watch the WHOLE game? I watch more now because the bf likes it (I am a football/baseball girl) and I had to reference the madness that this Monday has brought. It is super cool that two littler schools have made it to the final four and the big boys that usually dominate went home. I am pulling for Butler or VCU to win it all! That is the extent of my basketball discussion. To think I just wanted to use the March Madness as a headline and I had to get into basketball talk. ANYWAY...

So I think I got the problem with the last two posts fixed and the pictures should be showing. They are crazy looking but they are there. I don't know what happened, still can't figure it out. I will fix them when I get home though. My fingers look distorted in most of them. VERY ODD!

Last night we went to the county fair which probably wasn't a smart move to make on Sunday night. We waited for evening because it was HOT yesterday. A great time was had by all and my son won me a cow. There was a nail art booth among the vendors but I didn't stop to check it out because the child was quite eager to get to those games (no interest in rides what so ever, not sure who's kid this is). By the time I got home I was exhausted and went to work taking off my already chipped (opening the impossible new CD wrapper killed my mani) Mistletoe Kisses. I used random.org which picked out Orly Spark but quite honestly I was too lazy to go through the boxes to find it so I just grabbed one from the overflow box. Sadly I have an overflow box where the polish that won't fit in the shoe boxes lives. I grabbed P2 Color Victim Rich & Royal which I got in a swap with my great friend in Holland.

P2 is a German brand and when I tried to look up a website for it all I could find was the website for the drugstore that carries the polish. Unfortunately I realized VERY quickly the little color dots they have are no where near the actual colors of the polish so I abandoned that idea quickly. The bottle says it is Expert Gel Formula - ultra quick dry - long lasting & extra shiny. I of course did not pay attention to this part before I polished and though it is extra shiny now that could be due to the Seche Vite.


I decided I had to add some sparkle so I used the new Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Snappy Sparkles as an accent nail.


Rich & Royal applied so smooth. The first coat had pretty full coverage but I did need a second coat to even it all out. The color is a gorgeous purply taupe. It pulls way more purple in real life but I could not get the photos so show the purple. It doesn't help that it was extremely cloudy outside.


It was so cloudy and overcast this morning I was waiting for pouring rain but we haven't gotten any yet.


I played with the colors on the above picture to make the color closer to what it is in real life. It is still darker and less purple than what I am seeing on my fingers.


Snappy Sprinkles reminds me of Easter basket Grass. I had to use two coats because the glitter was so sparse it looked odd. I think it gives this mani a nice little sparkle. The polish was a little thicker than I like but it wasn't horrible. You really have to try and get those little suckers to go where you want on the nail though.


I took a couple pictures in my office to show it in office lighting.


It seems like a nice office color to me.

I LOVE guitars! I know this is totally random. I am learning to play and love everything guitar so I was totally excited to see this one booth at the fair. This guy makes jewelry out of Bass strings and guitar picks and other various parts. The stuff he had was awesome! We stopped by and talked to him for a minute and told him we would be back later then continued on to the fair. The bf is a guitar player and my son is learning Bass and both of them wanted different things from the guy so at the end of the night we went back. I think he was surprised that we actually came back like we said we would lol. We ended up buying a few pieces because the jewelry is that cool. I had to show off my new bracelet but I must apologize for my arms. I am really a South Florida girl that is THAT white. I avoid the sun like the plague!


So this is my kick ass bracelet made out of a guitar (it might be a bass) string and the little beads that come on the end of the strings.


It is freakin awesome. The bf got a bracelet made out of the little beads and two rings made from guitar strings and my son got a chain and cross made out of the beads. The guy was super cool and I of course love supporting the little guy. I think I am going to buy the other bracelets for myself later. They are made by Rock N Roll Jewelry in case you are interested. Check em out, they are cool!

AND last but not least my Morning Monday haul. I had to go to the little dusty beauty supply store to get Orly Prisma Gloss Gold for the package I am sending to Holland and anytime I go in there I always walk out with more than I went in for. I love that place. I haven't been for awhile and when I went today I did a happy dance, LITERALLY, in the aisle because they now have China Glaze! SO VERY EXCITED! The big rack they had was not full and they had a very limited amount of colors. I am guessing they just don't have it all unpacked yet because they did have every slot hand labeled with numbers and there were boxes everywhere. They have them at a great price too so I couldn't help but walk away with Kiwi Cool-Ada (I am digging neons right now) and Blue Sparrow. I can't wait for them to fill that rack up! I bet my wallet heard that and hid. I also picked up this Jordana Green Glitz that I was eyeing last time I was in there.


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!