Friday, March 18, 2011

Fairytales and sparkles galore

Happy Friday! Today I took the day off of work to hang out with the kids for the last day of Spring Break. It was fun and relaxing and I enjoyed it. I am really really tired now though. I can not kick this cough for the life of me and it keeps waking me up as soon as the medicine wears off. I chose something simple and quick and definitely not green for today. I love green but I was ready for something different.

Today I chose my Essence polish from the Fairytale collection called Fairy Berry. I received this from my wonderful friend in Holland. It is a really pretty purple with tons of shimmer and glimmer. I don't know if you could describe it as glimmery but it works for me. Did I mention how tired I am right now? lol




My original intention was to use Fairy Berry as a base and do a gradient mani with this unnamed Color Club. It came in a set I found at Ross but the set was mislabeled so there is no name. I will have to research it more later and post it but for now it shall remain nameless. It is gorgeous and sparkly. I took a picture out of focus because I couldn't get any sparkle in the other pictures. Even the out of focus picture doesn't show how sparkly this is.



I ended up only using one coat of the Essence polish and one coat of the Color Club. My gradient idea failed because this glitter is so dense and I think the base color was too dark for it to do what I wanted. I also didn't really feel like messing with it too much. I woke up late this morning and was more interested in going to eat then worrying about trying a gradient. I also couldn't find a sponge.



I wanted to take some pictures out in the sun to try and show all the sparkle.


Once again I couldn't catch much of the sparkle on camera. It is definitely there though. 


 I didn't think to take a blurred picture to try and capture the sparkle. I am still working out the kinks of photo taking.


I took some pictures inside to show a difference in the color. It looks more silver in these pictures though.


It is a pretty combination and in the light it is stunning.


I don't usually get compliments on my nails but today I did. We took the kids to see Rango and the girl at the box office commented on how she liked my nails. I think the only other time I have been complimented is when I wore China Glaze Atlantis. It is always cool when someone mentions nail polish, I want to start a whole polish conversation with them. Oh, I also found another beauty supply store today. I didn't get a chance to check it out because the movie was starting but it is in the same plaza. I will definitely be going back to check it out.

Oh and Rango was really a cute movie. It was quite funny and I enjoyed it. The kids liked it too. We saw previews for the Pirates of the Carribean movie as well. I am excited for that one! I am not sure if I am more excited for the movie or the nail polish collection though! 

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!