Monday, April 18, 2011

Sponging FAIL.

Monday is not fun day! I wasn't able to get to the computer yesterday so I have a couple posts lined up for today. To start I have the story of my Iron Maiden concert mani FAIL! I don't have an actual picture of it because it was that bad. I do have pictures of the just a little better but still bad 2nd attempt at that mani.

I intended on doing a gradient of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Black Diamond over Sally Hansen Crystal Chrome in Chrome Crystal. I did two coats of Chrome Crystal and  tried to gradient my left hand but it came out horribly. I didn't have time to mess with it so I actually just slapped some Black Diamond over the whole nail and went that way with my left hand. I left the right hand with Chrome Crystal. It wouldn't have looked bad if the Black Diamond was an even color but because of the gradient attempt it was not. Luckily I didn't really care and the concert was in the dark.

Iron Maiden ROCKED! If you like them or that type of music they put on one hell of a show and I highly recommend it.

Sunday morning I got up and HAD to redo my nails no matter what. I decided to leave my right hand and paint my left hand a uniform Black Diamond. THEN I thought it would be a good idea to sponge the opposite color on. Um, not as cool as I thought.


I am glad I snatched up Black Diamond when it was on clearance because it is such a pretty polish.


My left hand was two coats of Black Diamond. I found the first coat was sheer and streaky but a thick second coat evened everything out nicely.


I don't mind this hand so much. I sponged Chrome Crystal over it. I was trying to make a C type pattern where the chrome would go up the side of my nail and across the tips. Didn't quite work that way.


I used two coats of Chrome Crystal. I probably would have used three if I wasn't sponging to even everything out. It is a very thin polish and I had some bald spots.


I attempted the same C pattern but HATE the outcome. It just looks dirty and uneven and drove me nuts.


Not impressed with the mani at all but I love the color combination. I think the better idea was using Black Diamond as the base. Oh well they can't all be winners lol

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!