Thursday, April 14, 2011

She's a Blueberry!

It is POURING outside right now. I love the rain! I love listening to it pour and the dark dreariness. I think today's polish is a little too cheery for the weather though. I am having one of those days where I would like to be anywhere but work! Home under the covers watching Willy Wonka (you're turning violet Violet!) is my first choice today. Unfortunately I am here but luckily that means posting and looking at nail polish and such.

Today's random.org choice is Revlon's Not So Blueberry. This polish appeared in my Walgreens a few months ago and how could I resist a scented nail polish. It is a blueish purplish blue. I originally had this in my blue box but when I pulled it out I think it needs to live with purples. This is definitely a color my father and I would argue about. It is blue...no, it is purple...how about blurple.



This above picture is what it looks like outside. It is a whole lot more purple on me and inside. The color above is actually the color I wanted my prom dress to be. I never found a dress that color and didn't go to prom but it reminds me of what I was looking for. Much to the dismay of all those that told me how much I would regret skipping prom I do not regret it and am not pining for the lost days of my youth and how I missed prom. I digress though, back to Not So Blueberry.


This polish shimmers! It has tons of shimmery sparkle to it which adds to it's appeal. I used two coats for full coverage. I added a third to my thumb to see if it would darken the color or anything and it looks the same as the rest so I didn't bother putting a third coat on. I have it in my mind that I don't like Revlon polishes but I don't know why exactly. I was thinking about that while I was applying it because the application was fine. I still can't figure out what my mental block with Revlon happens to be.


Ok, the picture above I photo shopped. I had to try and get the color to look more like what this polish looks like on me. It is pretty close. It is very purple on me. It looks like it would be a nice Easter color. The other pictures are less color accurate because it is slightly brighter and more purple in person. It wasn't wanting to photograph and then it started raining so I couldn't stay out there and fight with it. The inside pictures were way off so I didn't even bother with those.


Please excuse the red pen marks I somehow got all over my palm. Let's talk about the scent now. I would not recommend opening the polish bottle, shoving it close to your nose and trying to smell the blueberry. It is not pleasant. The polish still smells like polish when it is wet and it is a little harsh to purposely inhale it! There is a faint smell there but it is mixed in with all the other chemicals so I would say just wait awhile. Once the nail polish dries you can smell it. I don't think it smells like blueberry. My son thinks it smells like grapes (ummm, no, it doesn't). My bf agreed that it does in fact smell like something but not necessarily blueberry. He thinks it smells like pixie sticks. I think it smells candyish. It is not overwhelming and isn't driving me crazy. I actually forgot that it smells until I scratched my face and could smell it. It is a fun little novelty item and I can't wait to try the grape nerds on my friend got me.


I used top coat so the smell does come through the top coat which may or may not be a positive aspect. I guess if you like the smell it is good, if not, sorry you can't hide it.

I am not loving this polish on me. It is a pretty color but it is more purple than I wanted it to be. I am not really sure what it is about this polish that I don't like but it is something. I might have to send this one along to a better home. It does have a pretty shimmer to it though.

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you need a perwinkle/blurple box for things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol defintely. I have issues with these type colors and the blue/greens. I think I should just get a helmer and sort by brand and be done with it lol.

    ReplyDelete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!