Friday, April 1, 2011

Let's Play Ball

Yesterday I told you about the total failure of a baseball mani I attempted. Well, yesterday I decided I would not be defeated! When I was running my bank errand at lunch I stopped by Walgreens and picked up a Wet N Wild white polish to try again. I was convinced the OPI white was a good deal of the problem. It wasn't. It is the whole thing in general. The first time I tried using the pointy end of one of those wood sticks. Last night I tried a toothpick. I think I actually need a uber thin paint brush. It didn't turn out horrible enough to make me take it off so here it is.


I used the Wet N Wild Shine French White Creme that I picked up for 69 cents. I love sales! For the red I used this mini Essie I got on clearance. It has no label so I have no clue what color it is.


I had to use 3 coats of the French White Creme and even at that it was streaky. I would have used a fourth if I wasn't putting something over it. The formula was awful. It was so liquidy and streaky and bubbly. For less than a dollar it filled my need but I wouldn't buy it again. Maybe I will franken with it or just scrap it to use the bottle for a franken.


They are supposed to look like baseballs but I am not sure they do. I showed them to the bf who said they look the same as the night before. Um, thanks. They actually look better than the night before but not by much.


When I put the Seche Vite on top the red bled. Why does it do this? I used a thick coat on purpose so it wouldn't bleed but it still did. I don't even think the red was really wet anymore.


My poor cuticle is healing so I figured I would show the massacre that is my right hand. I am obviously not a lefty hehe. They look a lot better from afar!

I stopped by our local grocery store Publix on the way home from work and was completely baffled to find one lonely China Glaze polish hiding with the Milani. I have never seen a China Glaze in a Publix ever in my life and I have worked in the store and shopped in several. I took it to the register to see if it would ring up out of curiosity. It did! It was $4.99 and somehow it made it's way home with me despite having no intention of buying it and knowing that someone tried it. I checked it. I wanted to return it immediately upon exiting the line but the bf told me to just keep it or swap it. These polishes need to stop hitching a ride home with me! I don't even like pink! Talk about impulse buy. I am guessing it will look awesome under shatter though.

This was yesterday's haul. One of those Wet N Wilds I actually got at CVS before I realized they were on sale at Walgreens. Not worth my time and energy to return it though. They are China Glaze Shocking Pink, Wet N Wild Kaleidoscope, Wet N Wild Rain Check, Wet N Wild Blue Moon and OPI Teenage Dream.


That's all for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!