Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a Party on My Nails!

Happy Hump Day!! Wow, I am exhausted! Today was a fairly busy day at work and this getting up at 5:30 am is not fun (I don't stay up lol, just get woken up by the bf's alarm). I usually go back to sleep for about 45 minutes before I actually have to get up. It wouldn't be bad but I can't fall asleep before midnight, I am not used to the schedule change yet. Let's just say coffee is my friend right now, my very good friend.

Yesterday Random.org randomly picked Wet N Wild Party of Five Glitters. I knew I wanted to layer this over something and I have seen it over black so I chose white. I used Wet N Wild French White Creme. Have I mentioned how much I do not like French White Creme? I don't, at all, he is a pain to apply. I used three coats and it was still streaky. I went to Sally's today intending to get an alternative if there were three polishes I wanted. There wasn't so I didn't. I am putting you on notice Mr. French White Creme, your days are numbered, you will be frankened because you are not my friend.

Party of Five Glitters is quite a festive glitter. Confession time: Dear Party of Five Glitters, I didn't like you at first nor did I like Gems. I fully intended on swapping Gems and not keeping it and picked up you as a cheap replacement in case I ever felt remorse for swapping. I never swapped Gems and never intended on using you. I am sorry. You are lovely and all but I wasn't into you. Fortunately you were randomly picked and now I do like you. You are festive. Please forgive me.



Party of Five Glitters is a clear polish, (mine has a slight pink tint to it probably from all the pink glitter) with tons of glitter jam packed in there. There are larger silver hexagons, medium magenta and blue hexagons, smaller green, red and silver? glitters. I am not sure if the little ones are silver or gold because they are pretty small and sometimes they look gold and others they look silver. It is a party in a bottle. This polish is very similar to Milani Gems which is very similar to Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday.


I did a somewhat gradient mani with the Party of Five Glitter just to be different. These first pictures were taken in the car. I was in the Starbucks drive thru waiting to pay so you got a couple money shots.


The glitter in this polish seriously reflects light. Luckily the sun wasn't out when I was taking these pictures because when I tried later the camera couldn't handle the glitter in full sun.


They are still pretty shiny in the office! The glitter is pretty sparse and I imagine it would take a few coats to get a lot of glitter going. I used an eyeshadow applicator to sponge this on because the polish is rather thick.


I am really enjoying this mani. It is fun and the bf said it looks like a sprinkle cupcake. I would like to put a sheer coat of something over it and really make it look like a cupcake. Now I want cupcakes. Darn you diet!

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!