Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Fudge is Forbidden but the Bamboo Isn't.

I was going to make this a long post with some displays I have seen and my weekend haul but I am still excited and chipper so I decided to break it up into two posts. Today is my anniversary with the bf. We aren't doing anything big deal-ish but I am still excited. I guess maybe we will go out to a nice dinner (just the two of us) this weekend when my son is with his dad. I have to make him a card when I clear off my desk. I am not really too cheap to buy him a card (you know you were thinking that lol) I had an idea for this card of using the first picture we took together and the picture we took at the wedding in NC but I have to work on it. I also have to run the straightener through my hair (he likes it that way, me, not so much) I guess. So much to do so little time.

ANYWAY, today's mani is Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle in Forbidden Fudge stamped with Sally Hansen Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen in Green Chrome. I used Konad plate M66 for the bamboo.


I bought this polish soon after it started showing up in stores but hadn't tried it until now. It is a very pretty shimmery brown and I love the name hehe.


This may be my favorite Konad plate so far.


I was surprised to open the Forbidden Fudge bottle and see the wide brush. I guess it has been awhile since I have used a newer Sally Hansen polish. The brush annoyed me a bit at first but I got used to it. I used two coats of Forbidden Fudge. I definitely needed two coats but I could have probably gotten away with one thick coat especially since I was stamping over it.


I love the nail polish pens for stamping. They keep everything pretty neat. I wouldn't buy the pens to actually paint my nails but they are great with stamping.


I attempted a new method for cleanup so I have to apologize for the horrible cuticle area craziness. Darn that macro! This is the mani I definitely shouldn't have shot with my mom's camera because it is very unkind. I had tried to clean up with a sponge tipped thingy and it did not work at all (as you can see). My elf brush is M.I.A. otherwise I would have used it. So much easier to work with.


This polish really never looks almost black even though in some of these pictures it does.


I like the combination of Forbidden Fudge and Green Chrome. I would like some fudge now too!

That's all for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!