Monday, June 20, 2011

Sand and Stilettos

It's Monday and for once I am happy about it!!! I am hoping that this week will be much better than last week. Hell week ended with me staying up until 2:15 Friday finishing the Eagles. I am happy to say that despite the exhaustion they were finally done! Never again will I take a huge order like that last minute lol (I say that now...). Saturday was just as exhausting and crazy as the rest of the week because getting them delivered was not as easy as I had wanted. They made it there though and hopefully they were enjoyed.

Yesterday turned out to be the worst day of the week. I awoke to a lot of commotion about our oldest dog Auggie. She was apparently very sick and could not get up. Her breathing was labored and she was clearly in pain. After calling our vet (he was so awesome to call us back on a Sunday and Father's Day, we LOVE him!) he wanted her to be taken in and seen asap. My dad and brother took her to an emergency vet and unfortunately there wasn't much that could be done for her. She thinks a tumor ruptured and at 18 years old she was not a candidate for surgery. Sadly we had to put her to sleep. Not the way anyone wanted to spend Father's Day. :(  She lived a really long and happy life and she was very much loved, she will me missed.

Today I needed something a little more cheery to keep my spirits up after hell week. I had been wanting to do a glitter gradient and remembered this polish.


Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos. I had received this one in a swap a while ago and thought it would be very sparkly and cheery.


A nice unfocused picture to show all the sparkle.


I took some of these pictures in the sun but the camera couldn't capture all the holo sparkly goodness. Since it was a gradient the tips had a few layers but I think that this would cover pretty well in two or three coats.


This bottle packs a ton of glitter which is probably why it was so thick. It wasn't horrible to work with but it did cause a little bit of a thicker gradient than I was originally going for.


It is incredibly sparkly in the sun and even in the office lighting. The bf said it was rather bright last night. I think he was trying to say nicely that it is obnoxiously bold and sparkly but that is ok because I was kind of going for that lol.


I attempted to use a smudge fixer that I got at Family Dollar recently but I don't know that it helped too much. I am not really confident in the technique I was using with the smudge stuff though so I will have to work on it and try again before I say it helps.


This is in the car in the shade. I also want to try using a sponge for the gradient. I think it might have made a thinner gradient. My nails right now feel really thick since there is so much polish on them.


Some nails ended up with less of a gradient than others but it isn't a perfect science.


I probably should have been paying more attention to driving but in the car the sun hit them and WOW.


This is what I spend most of the afternoon doing yesterday. I made a couple of loaves of Pumpkin Bread, A Chocolate Cake with homemade chocolate frosting for my dad and bf for Father's Day (their favorite) and a batch of Pumpkin Cookies.


The bread which I could eat everyday. I feel silly making Pumpkin Bread in June since it seems like a fall treat but it is SO GOOD!


The cake and cookies. The cake didn't survive the night and the cookies were already half gone by the time I took the picture. I think my mom took the rest of them to work for her friends.

That's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry to hear about your Auggie. Even when you know it's the right choice to let a pet go, it's never easy. Also--18 years old? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen :) Yeah, she was quite a distinguished old lady. She didn't walk she pranced lol. It's sad but she is in a better place and feeling like a spring chicken again lol

    ReplyDelete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!