I was awarded my FIRST blogger award :) The wonderful Erica over at Rikki Nails tagged me for this award. Thank you Erica!! If you haven't checked out her blog yet go do it! Now! I can wait :) Are you back? Aren't her nails great? I show the pictures of her nails to mine and tell them that is what they need to be when they grow up. This is probably why my nails get angry and rebel and break all the time. Poor parenting technique but I have tried everything else. Maybe I should look into counseling for them...
First, I would like to thank the Academy! And I wouldn't be here without you, the fans. But most importantly I would like to thank God. LOL Sorry, I had to do it! Seriously though, this is pretty cool because I thought I would basically have a blog that my friend and my brother's girlfriend would follow and that is about it. Turns out that my friend does in fact follow but my brother's girlfriend (unfortunately they broke up now) didn't follow it so without you all I would have one awesome but lonely follower lol. It is really cool that all of you do check out and follow my blog and I hope you actually enjoy it and if there is anything you can recommend please by all means let me know.
Now down to business.So as part of this award we must fulfill our stylish blogger duties which are as follows: (sorry Erica I copied this part off your page so I could remember it)
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
1. I like to be different and I like to stand out. I tend to achieve this by dying my hair funky colors. I have done chunks, highlights and my whole head colors like pink, purple, green, blue etc. I LOVE my hair these crazy colors and I LOVE the looks that people give me. I don't do it for the attention but I do it as a form of self expression and a big FU to the "normal" way of life. My hair is only it's natural shade right now because I fried it beyond belief and had to give it some time to recover. I have a hair appt this weekend though and I am probably going to walk out with a white stripe of hair. It probably won't remain white very long hehe (I have some purple hair dye at home I believe). I have promised my hair that I would not bleach it at home anymore though. Poor hair.
2. I am very crafty! I love arts and crafts and anything like that but I have a problem with finishing my projects. When my cousin had twin girls I cross stitched a little thing for each of them. They are 4 now and I haven't finished it completely. oops. Mostly I don't have as much time as I would like to do crafting projects and inevitably when I start one something interrupts me lol. I also make jewelery and chocolates (my little side businesses). I would probably be really happy working at a craft store or doing some kind of work with that but I doubt that salary would pay the bills.
3. I hate shoes! I hate wearing shoes! I would love to be able to be barefoot all the time. My bf laughs when I say this because I have several pairs of shoes cluttering the closet that I NEVER wear. I try to explain to him that when I worked in an office that had a dress code I HAD to have these shoes. Now I don't so I never wear them. I love my Crocs (as ugly as they are) because they are more comfortable than flip flops and almost like not wearing shoes.
4. I love candy, chocolate and sugar. I try to avoid sugar mostly but man, I could live on candy and chocolate if need be lol.
5. I love animals! We have three dogs, a guinea pig and snake in the house. We have the kitten right now that I will cry when I give away because I love him and are trying to get a greyhound. I would rescue them all if I could and would love to have a job with a rescue organization. Once again the lack of salary will not allow that lol.
6. I have tons of makeup and rarely use it. My mom never taught me about makeup and I didn't have sisters so I was a late makeup bloomer. lol. I love eye shadow especially ( can you tell I love color) but I am not great with application. I rarely wear a lot of makeup but I work in a warehouse and find it pointless to dress up and get done up to stare at a computer all day.
7. I love music. I will listen to almost anything and have a truly eclectic taste for music. Most of what I love is rock or metal but I grew up listening to oldies and country then pop before I caught on to rock. I can only handle some rap and Spanish music in very limited quantities. lol
Step 3 is award this award to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
Since Erica gave her award to some of the blogs I myself would have chosen and she already got the award I am not going to make a list of 15. I would tag everyone on my blog roll for this award if I had the time to do it! I love all the blogs on my list, hence the title blogs I love. Here are a few of the blogs I just discovered so they are new to me. :)
Concrete and Nail Polish
Frazzle and Aniploish
Life and Polish
Spaz & Squee