Tuesday, July 12, 2011

China Glaze Traffic Jam

Hello, Hello!! I am sitting here at work with half a mani done. It looks ridiculous but I am just not motivated to fix it. I was working on something else for a post that will be up later tonight when my boss went out for his errands instead of working on my other hand. It has basecoat and is ready to go but I just don't want to do it. I am uninspired. I must say my yellow tinted nails are not cute to look at and I might just have to go do my other hand to avoid seeing them lol.

I have swatched TONS of swatchsicles recently and am trying to label them all now which is quite tedious. The bf made fun of me for this but I needed to cover the hideous writing. It isn't easy to make writing look good when using a sharpie, fine point or not, on a popsicle stick. I made labels to cover it and by george I am covering them! I enlisted the kids to help yesterday and it was really funny to hear them. I gave them my big basket of swatchsicles and had them sort them into groups by brand. Mind you this is a 12 year old boy and my bf's 10 year old totally not into anything girly daughter. They had a ball with it and it was funny to hear them randomly call out brands totally pronouncing them all wrong. It was also funny to hear her say OH I LIKE THIS, oh THIS is pretty, I REALLY like this etc etc. Perhaps one day she will actually like nail polish instead of turning her nose up at it. They got them all sorted for me and had fun while doing it so now I just have to label them all THEN swatch my China Glaze drawer, my Color Club sets and the randoms that don't fit in the the drawers or that I have recently acquired. I still have a lot of work to do but it is getting more manageable.


Today I have China Glaze Traffic Jam from the upcoming Metro Collection. It is brighter than I thought it would be. It kind of reminds me of the color of jam in cartoons which is totally weird but that is what I thought of especially since jam is in the name.

This was two coats. It applied nicely and is really shiny even without top coat.


I am really not a pink person and this is a little too close to pink for my liking. It is a nice color and I really want to like it but I am not feeling it on me.


I took these pictures outside to get the best color accuracy possible. It wasn't very sunny out but there was enough light. Even inside it was brighter than I thought it would be.


Application was no issue and I love the cremes in this collection. The ones I have are really shiny and really nice. Please excuse the cleanup or lack of cleanup, I was lazy.


I would still much prefer this Traffic Jam over the one that I get stuck in at 6pm on my way home though!


And I had to add some pictures of the fuzzies for fun. This picture was taken right before Bruce launched himself. He was once again going for Newey's tail. She knew it was coming, he was just attacking her feet.


This box was great! He kept sticking his nose and arm out of the box trying to get my brother's hook hand. I couldn't get a picture of him with his nose and arm out but this one was still funny.


And lastly here is Mr. Bruce Kittlee Master Ninja Warrior perched on the back of the couch. He likes to look out the window. I feel bad sometimes that he can't go out and play but then I think of the horror of kitty pancake and realize it is better for him inside. After all we did find him because he ran in front of our car on a insanely busy street.

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!