Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Hey Everyone!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I started my new year off with a bad headache. I woke up with it. You would think I actually partied and drank last night but I did neither. I couldn't sleep though and that probably contributed to the headache. It is seeming to go away now though, thankfully. I am dying to get this mani off my nails and get a new one on but I had to get some pictures edited first. I think I will probably have some holiday themed posts for the rest of the week then I should be caught up and out of the green and red. We will see how it goes, especially since I don't even know what day it is.

I figured I would start the new year off with some cute animal pictures. 


Bruce and Neil don't get along very often but warm laundry will bring them together quickly. No matter where you put the fresh out of the dryer laundry Bruce will find it and make himself comfy.


I took this picture of Charles today. He is so handsome, too bad he is completely crazy.

I wasn't thrilled with the outcome of my New Year's Eve mani but we were heading out the door for errands so I couldn't redo the whole thing. I was in no mood to try again when we got back so it stayed. It looked nicer in my head.


I started with a base of Orly Black Pixel from their 2013 MegaPixel FX Collection. I picked this bad boy up just a few days ago in Sally's clearance on clearance sale. I thought it would be perfect for New Year's Eve and it was. It is textured but I planned on using top coat over it so I didn't pay much attention to the texture aspect of it.


I used Bundle Monster plate BM-H14 for the stamping. I used Essie No Place Like Chrome to stamp the designs. I used the clock, the fireworks and the confetti designs.


I am still having some trouble with my xl squishy rectangle stamper. I primed it as recommended on one of the stamping groups but I am still having some issues. 


I used Color Club Harp on It and stamped over the silver to give it some subtle sparkles. You can barely see the holo though. I was sad that it didn't show through more.


For some reason this mani was completely trashed very quickly. I had lots of chips and tip wear and I have no idea why. I guess running errands was tougher than I thought.


I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!!!!

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!