Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bananaberry Gumdrop Bees

Hey Everyone! Well the germs have invaded our house. C is sick with a cold. I have been sneezing. A cold front has moved through so it is nice and cool outside again. I am guessing we will all be sick within days. Actually T has been upstairs all night so he might be able to avoid the germs. 

In other news my beautiful cousin just welcomed a gorgeous baby girl into the world this afternoon. I am so excited I just wish we weren't states away. Tomorrow I will have a baby themed mani to celebrate. I am so excited. I keep refreshing facebook to see if they have posted any more pictures.

This week we are going to be featuring Smitten Polish


First up we have Bananaberry Gumdrop from the Berrydrops collection.


Bananaberry Gumdrop is a pale yellow crelly with subtle flakes.


I used three coats of Bananaberry Gumdrop for this mani. This polish is still available on etsy. I just realized that Noelie recommends letting each coat dry fully before proceeding to allow for better application. I didn't do this and did find it to streak a bit more than I would have liked. 


I used Cheeky Jumbo plate 9 Wild at Heart to stamp the little bees.  


The bee image is really cute but the way they are spaced out it was hard to get more than one complete bee on my nails. 


I love the pale yellow shade of this polish. It is perfect for Spring and I already thought of several manis I need to use it for around Easter.


The pictures didn't pick up the flakies as well as I would have liked. They are very pretty and delicate but subtle.


This baby is marked down currently so it is a good time to grab it if you are interested especially since once it is gone I believe it will be discontinued. 


That's all for now :)

1 comment:

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!