Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Huckleberry Pie Baby

 Hey Everyone!! Well, I think the germs have caught me! My throat is not happy today. I am hoping that I don't get the full blown cold but it isn't looking good right now. I have a date with some more hot salt water in another half an hour. On a very exciting note I went from 23 likes on Facebook yesterday to 329 current likes. I am so excited. For those of you that went over there and liked the page THANK YOU!! So excited. I was beginning to think I was pretty much just talking to my friends who I guilted into liking the page. I am not about the numbers in any way since I really want people to follow and read because they like what they see but it was pretty cool to see the numbers go up. 

Today we continue on with Smitten Polish week. I did some nail art with this mani to celebrate the birth of the gorgeous Olivia Rae who is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet. She is so cute and both mommy and baby are healthy and doing well. 


I used Smitten Polish Huckleberry Pie as a base for the mani. This polish was from the inaugural Smitten Polish Nommy Noms Collection. 


Huckleberry Pie has a milky purple lilac base with blue and purple glitter.


I used the baby designs from Bundle Monster plates BM-H21 and BM-307. I stamped with Zoya Mira, Wet N Wild Black and China Glaze Astro-Hot.


Here is a quick glance at Huckleberry Pie without stamping. I used three coats for this mani.


In honor of little Miss Olivia I stamped the bottle and pacifier patterns with Zoya Mira. I used black for the teddy bear and filled in the blocks with Astro-Hot.


I added this picture because it cracked me up. I had just put some cuticle balm on my nails and forgot to rub it in before taking the picture. Duh for me. Instead of nice smooth cuticles they have chunky goop on them.


I made a stamping decal with the block design. I stamped the design on a stamper then filled in the blocks before top coating and putting it on my nails. Unfortunately I messed up the letters a little on this one. 


I really love the color of this polish, it is soft and pretty and the blue glitter pops against the purple.


I was able to get some sun shots today. 


I didn't catch any of the holo from Astro-Hot because I used it on such a small area. 


I like this mani, I almost want to keep it on except I have my next Smitten picked out and I am excited to finally wear that one too.
 

I think I need to go seek out a throat lozenge now that my salt water has worn off. I am really annoyed that I went to the doctor last Friday and got antibiotics for a throat infection that hasn't really bothered me until now. I do NOT want to go to the doctor again. 


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!