Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PixieDust Chyna

Hey Everyone!!! I am getting oil all over the keyboard and mouse as I am doing this post but I figure the oil on the keyboard will stick around and moisturize my fingers later too. I am rather disappointed with my current mani. If I had another color with me I would probably take it off and redo it because it is making me crazy. The actual polish is nice but it is a clear based glitter and my nails are stained a great deal at the moment. The glitter is silver but actually looks more gold thanks to the lovely shade my nails are stained currently. It isn't a pretty look. In my genius stupidity I have fallen off the healthy eating wagon and really did not eat well this weekend and I am paying for it now. I feel pretty awful and totally messed up my system. Next time I want to eat some junk food I hope I remember how awful I feel right now so I can avoid it.

Today I have Zoya's version of the textured craze polish.

Zoya Chyna is from their 2013 PixieDust collection.



In the bottle Chyna is a gorgeous bright sparkling red. Had I only known this polish based on what was in the bottle I would have probably passed on it thinking it was just another sparkly red glitter. It wasn't until I saw pictures of this baby on the nail that I knew I HAD to have it.


I don't go gaga over red polish ever but this polish made me drool. On the nail it is a darker, richer, deeper red with a gorgeous sparkled effect. I wanted this polish so bad and waited way too long to finally get it. 


I used three coats for this mani. I should have waited longer in between coats as you should wait until it dries more than I did but I am impatient. It took longer for this one to dry on me because I didn't let each coat dry before I put the next coat on. It did end up drying just fine and it didn't take all that long but I did end up dinging one of my nails due to my own impatience. 


There wasn't a whole lot of sun when I wore this but I did get a glimpse of sun. The pictures of course didn't come out good enough to do any justice to this color.


This picture however shows you the sparkle. Oh how I love that red. Zoya says not to wear a base coat or top coat when you apply this polish. I am a rebel so I did use a base coat.


I always want to put a top coat on these textured polishes to see what they look like but I couldn't bring myself to top coat Chyna. She is way too pretty and awesome without the top coat. For those of you that don't like textured polishes this one isn't as rough as the Liquid Sand polish was. Obviously there was still a texture to it but it was much less textured than I was expecting.


I took a ton of pictures of this mani. It is rare that I get this excited over a red polish.


I absolutely love the sparkle that the PixieDust polishes offer. It is a finer sparkle than the larger chunk o sparkle that OPI has in the Liquid Sand polishes I have. The name PixieDust is perfect for these polishes and I give a huge two thumbs up to whoever came up with that name. I do think of either pixie dust or sugar sparkles when I see the way these polishes sparkle. I feel the need to get all of them now.


I wanted to stamp over this mani but could not bring myself to messing with it. I think I am going to have to do it again with the stamping idea I had. I think it would look great stamped.


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!