Thursday, July 11, 2013

This Little Piggy

Hey Everyone!! I am totally hating my computer these days. I don't know what exactly the issues are but I think the main task of the day is to annoy me. Also on my list of annoyances is base coat. I tried the Cult Nails base coat last night and once again had a nice chip in my polish before I even got to work. My left hand isn't too bad but my right hand has tip wear and chips galore. I can't for the life of me remember what was working for me before I started doing gel manis. I haven't done one of those in awhile because I am still trying to grow out the damaged parts of my nail but this base coat issue is making me highly irritated. I have to look in my basket tonight and see what other options I can find. Right now my list of most hated base coats is growing quite a bit. 

I did this fun mani shortly after I had received the new 2013 Cheeky Jumbo plate in Wild at Heart. I loved the animal prints and I was thinking about my brother when I saw the pig design because he loves pigs. I decided to do a sparkly pig mani and he declared it the most epic mani I have ever done. 


I used the above polishes. The Wet N Wild doesn't have a name or number on it. It was an extra in a swap I believe. Pure Ice Spitfire and a Hot Topic glow in the dark glittery pink polish also with no name or number. That one was a gift too. 


I started with a base of Spit Fire. 


I used two or three coats to build up the glitter more. I then made stamper decals of the pigs and painted them with the Wet n Wild and Hot Topic colors. 


A close up of one of the piggies.


Spitfire is incredibly sparkly!! I loved the way this mani sparkled. 


I love the little piggies however I wish the Hot Topic pink wasn't so sheer so you could see the piggies color more. It glows in the dark though so that made me very happy.


This mani was quite popular and so fun. 


The Wild at Heart plate is really cute and has some great designs on it. I tried taking pictures but my camera would not cooperate at all. 


That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun mani! You did such a great job with the stamper decals--I really need to try that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I am totally loving stamper decals. It gives you much more options in coloring and placement which helps because I can be stamping challenged.

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!