Thursday, July 18, 2013

Butter-Fly Stroke

Hey Everyone!! Well, it is still raining!! I actually love the rain but I would prefer for it to start after I get to work. When I am trying to get up in the morning and all I can hear is the sound of pouring rain it makes it very difficult to want to get out of bed. The good news is it is keeping me from doing my morning rounds where I check out the drug stores and Sally's on the way to work. I am sure it has saved me a few dollars. In more good news little Neil went to the vet today and though he has a urinary tract infection he is going to be fine and is not having the horrible issues we had when Bruce was young. We do have to start feeding both of them some special food which I am sure won't be cheap but at least he is ok. I was so worried about the little guy. I wish I had a video of this because I would loved to have seen it and be able to show you all. Apparently on the way back from the vet after he got meds and was feeling better Neil was sitting on my son's lap in the front seat and trying to catch the windshield wipers. It must have been quite hilarious to see. 

Today I have one of my Target clearance finds. I love clearance!! I usually buy the Sally Hansen Insta Dri polishes because they stamp well. I haven't tried this one for stamping yet.


This is Butter-Fly Stroke from the 2013 Limited Edition summer colors. It is a pretty buttery yellow color.


I used this pretty cool holo orange striping tape to put stripes on this mani. I hadn't used striping tape to actually make stripes that I leave on my nails yet so this was a new one for me.


Ok. I remembered why I don't love the Insta Dri polishes for actually nail painting when I did this mani. They have HUGE paddle brushes that make a huge mess because they are so huge and engulf my nails. I don't like the brushes, at all, not even a little bit. They are ranked only slightly higher than the Wet N Wild/Spoiled brushes. I do like the Insta Dri polishes and have several of them and they are usually great for stamping.


I actually tried to do a completely different mani with this color and others and the striping tape but it was an EPIC fail and I had to take it off immediately. It was really bad and looked very candy corn like. Since it was already late I figured this was going to have to suffice. I actually ended up really liking this mani however it was the first time I used the striping tapes for stripes and I didn't really know what I was doing.


The tape went on pretty well but then I went and put top coat on it and it freaked out. Some of the tape wrinkled a little and some of it lifted. I was able to keep it on there for most of the duration of the mani but the edges did lift. I need to check with other people more experienced with this tape but I am thinking perhaps it shouldn't be top coated.


I think it might be time to kick photobucket to the curb. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what it did with these pictures. I keep uploading to this one album and it uploads successfully but when I log in at work the pictures are not where they should be and the only way I can find them is by looking in recent uploads. I don't have time for difficult things. I am going to have to suck it up and get the storage on Google. Does anyone else use photobucket and have this problem? It could be operator error but really it isn't rocket science. I tell it to upload to my mani folder then look in my mani folder the next day and it isn't there. OY. 

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!