Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Zipper Fail

Hey Everyone! Is it Friday yet? Work hasn't been bad this week but I am still looking forward to Friday. I realized today that the increase in taxes or social security or whatever it is takes a little over $20.00 out of each paycheck. This does NOT make for a happy turtle. Df tried to say it wasn't really that much but that is a whole Color Club 2013 Holo collection!!! So not cool. I also realized I don't have pictures of the dinosaur hats I crocheted and I already taped up the box to send them to my friend. Hopefully she can send me pictures when she gets them, especially if they are pictures on her boys lol.

Today I have a mani for you that I wouldn't call a very successful mani. I have a friend who is dying to do zipper nails and when I was flipping through my plates I saw the zipper design and figured I would give it a try. It didn't come out really well but it was nice and neon so that made me feel a bit better lol.


I used Bundle Monster plate BM-202.


I used Sinful Colors nail stripers in Neon yellow and coral for the colors and black for the stamping.


This was a pretty bright mani. 


I used the stripers to paint all the color. Next time I think it might be easier to paint the whole nail one color then do the inside part after I stamp instead of painting it all after stamping.


I seriously need to get better at stamping too.


I did enjoy it a little more than I am enjoying looking at the pictures. It looked better in real life. Not much though.


I used the same neon colors to do dots on my thumbs. 

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I think your zipper nails look cute. Definitely very cheerful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! :) They were definitely bright! lol I am going to have to try them again soon.

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!