Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A not so Perfect Storm Stamping

Hey Everyone! Oh what a day! There has been way too much drama around and about today. I do have good news  though. Today was my first weigh in for the weight loss program and I lost 2.4lbs! YAY! I was disappointed that it wasn't more when I first weighed myself but I am feeling better about it now.

Zoya has a promo going on right now so it is fitting that I have a Zoya polish to show you. This is Storm from the Orante Collection.


Storm is a black polish with holographic micro glitter in it. This polish is really nice.


I took a couple of quick pictures before stamping over it. This is indoors under the light so you can see all the holo.


Formula was great and I used two coats. I really really like this polish.


I decided to use one of the China Glaze Bohemian Luster Chrome polishes to stamp. I used Deviantly Daring. These are great for stamping over black.


I used  that middle pattern on my Gals GA9 plate.


Unfortunately this didn't come out as nice as I would have liked. It was a bit of a dud.


The China Glaze stamped really well but I don't think the pattern worked for what I wanted to accomplish.


I wasn't too impressed with the outcome but both polishes were really pretty.


I am going to have to try again using this method with a different pattern. I am not sure Storm is the type of color you want to stamp over either, it is very pretty.


A picture of the Florida Sunset on Sunday from the car lol.

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so sad cause Zoya doesn't ship internationally! I really want to get some Zoyas and I have to pay ridiculous prices on ebay. This is really pretty and I like it with the stamping too. I guess I'm a sucker for geometrical designs like this.
    Congrats for the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!!

      Ugh, I hate that Zoya won't ship intl! They are a pretty decent sized company which makes no sense to me. International postage is going up too which makes things even worse for shipping overseas. I wish they would make it easier to send things places and more affordable! That would probably get several of us in lots of trouble though lol our wallets would hate us!

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!