Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bye, Bye Ay, Ay, Captain!

Hey Everyone!! I hope your Saturday has been good. It has been a rainy day here and UM lost their game today so it added to the dreary grayness of the day. BUT I love love love rainy, stormy days so it was a great day! I don't think we got a real bad Thunderstorm all Summer but we got one that lasted from last night through today. The world is going wacky lately! I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow as well so that is quite happy.

I ran out to the mall with my brother after the project was done. I hit up the Bath and Body Works sale and got some goodies. I LOVE their candles and I am finding that I actually like them more than Yankee Candle which is crazy. I used to LOVE Yankee and be such a nut for Yankee but I am noticing that they are a lot stronger and the smell lingers a lot longer than my beloved Yankee. 


I got this cute little guy today. I love him so much. I was waiting for him to go on clearance so I could get him. I wanted to get the big one but my brother talked me out of it. I didn't want to spend too much and he reasoned that big Frankie would be sitting in a box for the majority of the year so I should just get the little one. Ah, the voice of reason. I hate that voice lol.


So today is day 9 of my Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Ay Ay Captain! This stuff wore like iron. I am really really impressed with the wear time on these babies. The strips started to lift around my cuticles. I am thinking that might have been due to the the cuticle cream but I am not real sure.


There was tip wear and some major gap at the cuticle but other than that there was no chipping at all.


I am quite happy with the results and the wear time. I would have made it to the ten days except for one nail.


For some reason late on the 8th day I got this huge lift on the side of my index finger. I of course couldn't leave it alone and it chipped off. Other than this no issues. The pinkie nail actually broke today and I didn't even notice until right before I took the picture. 


That little corner chip wasn't even the worst of it. The whole tip broke right off. Now I have a little mutant nub. I swear these nails hate me.


The strips held up to a lot this week including dishes, opening about 3 cases worth of paper reams and a game of basketball. 


My mom hates to deal with polish and her manis usually chip and peel within a couple of days. I think I am going to recommend she try these.


I am tempted to use the Ghost pattern I got for Halloween now but I think I need to wait a week so I can change my polish up a bit. I don't know if I can handle two sets back to back lol. 

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. That's really great of you to wear these for so long as an experiment. I always try to review nail polish brands on my blog, but that implies having the same manicure sometimes for a week. It's hard to post as much when you don't have many manis (:P) to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) yes not having manis for post is one of the reasons I change my nails daily. I also have a short attention span lol.

    ReplyDelete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!