Friday, December 6, 2013

Mahogany Mountain Magic

Hey Everyone!!! I am quite the crabby butt today. I really have a low tolerance for stupid people and today I have had far too many interactions with them. It really is a buzz kill when people are entitled and stupid and even more so when they are both at the same time. Have you ever seen the movie The Net with Sandra Bullock? I would totally not mind having a job where I didn't have to interact with people and could stay in my house away from the crazy. I need an island. Internet and an island. Also have you ever tried that Wen hair stuff? My mom got some and since they auto ship she ended up with too much and she gave me a bottle. My hair is oily and fine. I have a lot of hair but the hair itself is fine. This stuff literally makes my hair greasy to the touch. It is awful. I can run my fingers across my freshly washed this morning hair and then rub them together and feel the grease. Do not like. Do not like at all. My mom loves the stuff but I just can't do it anymore. I tried it three times and that was two times to many. I am glad I didn't buy the stuff when I got sucked into that stupid infomercial. I feel like I need another shower and I am crabby. Thank goodness it is Friday!

I don't often find a nail polish that I have to use two manis in a row. Well, that is not entirely accurate. I don't often find a nail polish that I have to use two manis in a row and actually do use twice in a row. Wet N Wild Mountain High is one of those polishes that made me use it for two manis consecutively. It didn't help that I wasn't quite thrilled with how the first mani came out.


Originally I had a really pretty mani pictured in my mind with the awesome Mountain High and brown stamping to give it a nice warm fuzzy feel. Well. I used China Glaze Mahogany Magic for the stamping and it didn't have that deep brown that I pictured in my head. It still came out pretty but it wasn't anywhere near what I imagined. I still loved it but I like it less in these pictures.


I used three coats of Mountain High from the Fergie Heavy Metal Centerstage Holiday Collection. I don't know what it is that drew me in but the minute I saw this polish I wanted it. 


Mountain High has a milky base filled with iridescent glitter and gold flake like shards.  


This polish screams snowy wintery goodness to me and I love it. I didn't want to cover it up with stamping but I did it anyway. Then I regretted it when it didn't look like it did in my head.


I used Pueen 44 from the Love Elements collection to stamp. I also tried using my new squishy square stamper from MyOnlineShop. I love the stamper but I wasn't used to it yet so you can see where I made some errors. I kind of want to buy all the stampers now as well as all the stamp plates.


In the sun light you can see some of those glitters sparkle.


Is it bad that I am already thinking of a third mani to use this polish for? 


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!