Friday, August 23, 2013

Swamp Thing

Hey Everyone!! I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I am slightly cranky. Then again, it could be due to stupidity of others that greatly annoys me. Either way I am just ready to go home and ignore the world. Sadly it is not time for that yet. I ordered a couple of Zoya polishes from their BOGO event using my gift card. I saw pictures of Dhara and could not resist. Now I am just hoping their system takes the gift card and doesn't reject it for some reason. We will see I guess. OK. I better get going since I have to go do warehouse orders. 


I started this mani with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Swamp Thing as a base. Their site describes it as a Drab Olive Green. I love it! It is a great swampy green color.


I attempted to stamp with Orly Glitz and Glamour but that didn't end up going so well. Glitz and Glamour was from the 2010 Tis the Season Holiday collection.


I used the paisley pattern on Bundle Monster plate BM-315. 


First up are some pictures of Swamp Thing before I attempted to stamp it. 


I used three coats. I love this color.


The formula was nice on this polish and I had no problems. I got this one back when the brand was changing bottles and having a sale. It is my first Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics polish and I am quite pleased.


I can see this polish working well to make a camo mani.


Here is where things went wrong. Glitz and Glamour is not a good stamping polish. It actually didn't look too bad because the sparkle and gold went well with Swamp Thing BUT unless you closely analyzed the nails you couldn't actually see the pattern.


Of course the macro shots are going to make me look like a liar in some of these pictures. In person trust me when I say most of the time you couldn't distinguish what was stamped on the nail.


I did really enjoy the sparkle the gold brought to this mani though so I kept it on and didn't redo the mani.


I am going to have to try another mani with Swamp Thing and some gold stamping. I think it would look great together.


My hands look really weird in these pictures. 


I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow! It has been a long week :) I hope everyone has a great weekend.

That's all for now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!