Friday, August 30, 2013

Sinful Colors Strapped

Hey Everyone!! Happy Friday! It is such a slow day at work I am thinking everyone made it an extra long weekend and took today off too. I was doing ok with printing the documents I need to get printed and reading my book until technology foiled my day. The machine won't take the toner so my printing was shut down until Tuesday when it can be repaired. Then my Kindle literally shut down because it ran out of battery. I of course don't have my cord so there went my plans of reading. Two hours left. C just sent me a picture of T. They went for haircuts. T's hair was so ridiculously long and shaggy and I think he was getting sick of it being in his face so he actually expressed interest in a cut when it was mentioned. I usually leave him alone because he acts indifferently and I won't make him cut it if he doesn't want to. The picture was of T sitting in the barber chair with tons of hair all over the floor. Even the barber commented on how much hair he cut off! I am awaiting the final picture but C says he is looking pretty sharp.

So I fell off the no buy a little bit recently. I allowed myself a little splurge on the new Sinful Colors Leather Luxe collection because Walgreens had Sinful on sale 2 for $3.00. It isn't the .99 cent sale but it was still a good price. I probably should have just used a matte top coat on polishes I already have but having a polish that doesn't need an extra step was enticing. 


The first one I had to try out was Strapped. Strapped is a very pretty green and is not as teal leaning as it looks in pictures. I used three coats for this mani.


I wanted to do a little something different for this mani so I tried stamping. It failed. It was too subtle for my liking and I was having a lot of issues stamping with both clear and matte top coat.  I did top my ring finger with clear top coat to make it shiny. I wanted to see what the polish looked like shiny and give the mani a little contrast. 


I stamped with regular clear on the matte nails and with matte top coat on the shiny nails. You can hardly tell at some angles. It was rather frustrating.


Please excuse the cuticles. When I was freshly lotioned up you couldn't tell the polish was matte due to the lotion. You can see that my impatience got the better of me as some of the nails have dings and wrinkles because I didn't let it dry enough before stamping. It is rather sad considering matte polishes tend to dry on the quicker side.


I love how the accent nail looks with matte stamped designs on it. I will have to try that look again. I used a plate that I will be showing you soon in a mani where you can actually see the stamping. 


Overall I loved the color of Strapped. The matte polish is a fun way to shake things up but I am glad I added a shiny accent nail. I am not ready to give up the shiny aspect of polish completely. 


Here is a close up so you can see Strapped both as a matte polish and with a top coat. 

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!