Thursday, July 17, 2014

IBD Lights! Camera! Karats!

Hey Everyone!!! It is almost Friday! YAY! I am ready for the week to be over. C got some good news about a new job so we are keeping our fingers crossed on that. T comes back home tomorrow night so I am excited. Other than that I am just ready for a nap. 

Today I have another brand of gel polish for you. I didn't end up using the Couture Pillow Talk because I wasn't in the mood for pink. I might have to end up swapping or selling that one. I just can't see me using it. Today I have an IBD Just Gel Polish for your viewing pleasure. This was gifted to me by my very good friend who apparently has some awesome beauty supply stores in her area. I haven't really seen this brand around here much though I have seen some great swatches online. It is a pretty affordable brand and the bottles are 14ml so they are nice and full size. 


For this mani I used a glitter polish that my friend had picked out. This is Lights! Camera! Karats! from their Tinseltown Collection. 


This is more of a glitter topper but I wasn't in the mood for a base coat so I used it alone. Please excuse my uneven, dirty looking nails. I swear they really aren't dirty but they are definitely uneven and it is more evident with clear polish on. 


Lights! Camera! Karats! is a clear based topper with blue shimmer, iridescent glitter and short silver bar glitter. It is a great glitter and shimmer combination. 


I found the glitter payoff to be low on this one. I didn't have to fish the glitter out but I did have to roll the bottle a little to get it mixed in better.


I believe I used two coats for this mani. The first was a thin coat with the second being a little heavier so that I could get more glitter out. I had figured I was going to have to do 4 to get fuller coverage on the glitter so I just stopped at two. It is a fun topper and even nice to wear when you want to add a little sparkle instead of having just clear on your nails. 


Next time I am going to have to give it a try over a base color. Once in awhile I like to have something sparkly but subtle on my nails and this fits the bill nicely. 

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree about this glitter needing a base color--it's sort of getting lost over the pink (at least in pics).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some swatches where there was a lot more glitter than what my mani ended up with. I am not sure if they used thicker coats, more coats or fished it out. This will definitely now be classified as either a topper or a swapper.

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!