Monday, June 10, 2013

Stay Behind, Catch a Wave

Hey Everyone!!! Happy Monday!! I hate those mornings when you know you have to get up early for something and end up waking up insanely early and unable to go back to sleep. That was me this morning. I have been up since around 6am. Luckily I am not TOO tired but that may change by the afternoon. It might be a two coffee kinda day.

Today I have an awesome mani to show you! I LOVED this mani. So so much!


I used Illamasqua Scorch as my base. This is my second Illamasqua polish that I own and the first one I have tried. I don't know if they are all like this but if they are I am going to need more. A nail board friend snagged this for me from Sephora in JCPenny on clearance because my store didn't have any. White polishes are usually a PITA to work with but this was an easy two coats full coverage gorgeous off white dream. The picture was taken inside so it looks more gray than white but omg it is awesome.


Elevation Polish Stay Behind, Catch a Wave. The label says just Catch a Wave but I would imagine it would be hard to fit the whole name. This baby is amazing. I had been wanting this polish since it came out but just recently was able to finally snag a bottle. OMG just go buy it because it is awesome!


Catch a Wave is a gorgeous glitter in a slightly blue tinted base. I didn't realize the base was tinted until I put it over Scorch actually. This baby has a TON of glitter and 5, yes FIVE, different circle glitters in there. It also has iridescent hexes and holo micro glitter in teal and green. The circle glitter is white, blue and teal.


I did two coats of Catch a Wave over two coats of Scorch. I LOVE the color Catch a Wave's tinted base turned Scorch. Such a pretty tint.


Catch a Wave was a bit on the thick side so next time I use it I am going to add thinner. There is a TON of glitter in this baby so I am not surprised it is a little on the thick side.


There is so much glitter in this polish! I could not stop staring at my nails.


I took a ton of pictures because it is so pretty. I know, a lot of them look the same but how can you resist staring at that gorgeous blue glittery goodness?


Something about the iridescent glitter makes this mani even more awesome.


This is one of those polishes I could just stare at all the time. I should probably keep the bottle on my desk so I can always see it. I can't believe I waited so long to get it.


I need to make a necklace with this combination and wear it all the time.


Stay Behind, Catch a Wave is from the 180 degrees South Collection and is currently available on the site.


Elevation Polish is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands. I have loved every polish I have tried so far and there are several I have my eye on still!


If you don't have this polish and you like glitter you NEED it! You will not regret it!

That's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. This mani is beautiful - I really must try my Stay Behind Catch a Wave; I'm quite embarrassed I haven't yet!

    And bad news about the Illamasquas, they are all awesome so you'll be needing more, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES you have to try it!!! It will look awesome on your nails!

      Oh geez, my wallet is crying now. Is it bad that every white mani I want to do I want to use Scorch for?

      Delete
  2. What a great mani! I recently picked up Stay Behind after wanting it forever too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You are going to LOVE IT!!! It is such a pretty polish and it will look good over so many different colors too.

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!