Friday, June 14, 2013

KBShimmer Radioactive

Hey Everyone!! It is FRIDAY!!! So exciting! Ok, only mildly exciting since I don't have much planned for the weekend but Fridays are always good. I ordered some nail art supplies yesterday which I am anxiously awaiting and the plates I ordered last month arrived yesterday! I love new toys. I can't wait to show them to you and play with those! I think I will be spending some time making some polish jewelry this weekend.

Today I have an awesome polish to show you from KBShimmer. I love neon polishes! I didn't realize that this one glows in the dark too! I don't know how I missed that part because I love Glow in the Dark stuff but it took me googling the polish to realize it.


I am crocheting a Barbaloot for a nail board friend and thought this would make a funny picture. It did lol KBShimmer Radioactive.


I can't wait to show you the finished Barbaloot! I love this polish and actually have it on my toes too. I love when my toes glow in the dark, so fun!


Radioactive is an awesome neon crelly polish with black glitter in various shapes and sizes.


I wanted to add some fun nail art to this one but couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I used Sinful Colors Sunny Day striper to make stripes. I didn't realize until now that the Sinful Colors Stripers are actually named. Duh for me.


I started with a white base and actually taped off the mani with striping tape before applying Radioactive.


I used three coats of Radioactive. I use the white base to make the color brighter. There is a picture later of Radioactive without the white base.


This polish is not a jam packed glitter so not every coat got a lot of glitter. I did fish a couple of pieces out on some of the nails because I wasn't getting as much glitter as I wanted. I had to mess around with placement too but that was not due to the polish but rather the nail art. The glitter kept ending up on my striping tape which was going to be taken off when I removed it so I had to push them around a little so they would be on the nail when I removed the tape.


After removing the striping tape I was left with white lines which were perfect for applying Sunny Day. I used the brush in the polish but should have used a smaller nail art brush since the one in the polish was a little too big. Most of the lines still came out pretty decent.


As you can see I got a nice sized chip in my polish. I wanted to wear this for more than one day because I was having so much fun with the glow in the dark. I hate chips! I hate chips even more when the polish has been on my nails less than 24 hours.


I have been giving a treatment a try and it is beginning to anger me as all my manis are chipping super fast. Today's mani chipped when I washed the pan I made my eggs in this morning. I have had this mani less than 12 hours, most of which I was sleeping, and it is already badly chipped. I am about ready to throw the treatment out the window.


I am in a major neon phase right now. Everything I want to do has neon colors in it. I am trying to keep away from doing all neon all the time. I think I will definitely keep my toes neon though!


This polish is one of the few that I would consider getting a backup for. I am loving the shade and the black glitter. The fact that is glows in the dark totally makes it an instant favorite.


The application on this one was great and it has totally perked my interest in the other awesome colors KBShimmer has to offer. I had been looking at this one for a LONG time and finally was able to get it recently. Very glad that I did!


I decided I wasn't taking my mani off for one nail so I just painted the chipped nail with three coats of Radioactive. You can see here I didn't use a white base so it is not AS neon as the others. It is still definitely bright and lives up to the name Radioactive it just isn't AS bright as it would be with the white. I have it on my toes without the white base and it is still quite neon and eye catching!

That's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! I am always looking at my toes because they are so bright and fun.

      Delete
  2. I love the colours here - so sorry you're getting chips, it's so annoying when you like the mani and want to keep wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks :) I also hate when I get chips because then I am more likely to pick and peel the polish off creating more problems. Chips are not my friend unless they are of the chocolate variety lol I am going to have to try a different approach to using a treatment.

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!