Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mani Fail and some recent projects

Hey Everyone! It has been a tad difficult to get on the computer lately. I tried getting this post up at work today but my internet would not cooperate. So I tried Coconut Water tonight and OMG ewwww. I am sorry, I know people purposely drink it but I can't handle it at all. I have decided to stop drinking diet soda. I  stopped drinking regular soda earlier this year and pretty much the only soda I will drink now is Diet A&W Rootbeer or Diet 7-Up. I read something yesterday about how diet soda really is not good for you so I decided to give it up all together. I wish regular plain water tasted better because I find it pretty boring.

Today is a conglomeration of stuff for you. I have a failed mani and some crochet projects I hadn't posted yet. I guess we should get going before I get distracted lol.

First I will show you the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Swamp Thing mani I had on when my CrowsToes arrived. It was not pretty. I have a cleanup brush at work which is what I was trying to use but it is pretty much dead so it messed my mani up more than it cleaned it up. I LOVE the color but oy the pictures are not good.


I didn't intend to show this mani because it was so awful so I don't remember if it was two or three coats.


My little nubs are growing out which is good. They are pretty damaged but I am going to keep them on the shorter side until I can grow that damage out. At least that is the plan for now. Who knows I could change my mind once they start growing lol.


I love this color and I think Swamp Thing is the perfect name. I intend to use this polish again soon and will show you better pictures then.


Bruce was helping me open my nail mail and take pictures of all the bottles.


He was also trying to commandeer all the bubble wrap.


I made these silly pencil toppers for my cousin's daughters.


I thought they would be cute.


I also made these cute little pouches. I have some little gifts that I need to give to people and thought it would be cute to put them in these. That yellow yarn actually smells. It totally freaked me out when I was crocheting it. I kept smelling something lemon lime like and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. When I smelled the actual skein of yarn it didn't smell but later I realized it WAS the yarn after all. I have two questions about this #1 WHY is there a need for scented yarn and #2 WHO thought it was essential for life that there be scented yarn. 

That's all for now :)

10 comments:

  1. Swamp Thing is an awesome color, right up my alley!! Love those cute little pencil toppers too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah it is a great color! I love these types of colors.

      Delete
  2. Bruce is such a pretty cat, shiny coat, well-fed and his clothes are great:) The pencil toppers are so funny and pouches are very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruce thanks you! He is a snazzy cat lol He is a trouble maker though lol. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness I already have Swamp Thing so I won't have to add another murky green to my stash. :) Of course I love seeing Bruce--I'd give him all my bubble wrap for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love murky greens and browns and well everything lol Bruce says he would gladly take your bubble wrap, he loves it

      Delete
  4. You're so funny! I have no idea why scented yarn was invented. I guess to make life less boring. Speaking of boring stuff, I don't like water either. Never tried that coconut stuff. But the good news is I found peanut butter at the store and I finally got some. It's made by a Romanian brand so I'm sure it's not as good as the one in the US but I love it! In fact I'm afraid I love it a bit too much. But I don't like to eat it on bread, just plain with a spoon. Any other ways to eat it?
    Oh and this polish is amazing. I love dark green polishes. The pencil toppers are so cute and Bruce, of course, is charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO NOT TRY IT! lol I saw the coconut water at the store and gave it the evil eye. Do not like! Ohh I am glad you got Peanut Butter. um, yeah it is good on a spoon. Try it on crackers, so yummy. Peanut Butter cookies are awesome too!

      Bruce thanks you :)

      Delete
  5. Bruce is just so cute, it hurts! And you will get my Diet Pepsi from my cold dead hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruce sends hugs!!! Lol I used to be that way. I must say no soda is killing me. I am so bored with water and I just read an article saying Mio has some junk in it and now I don't want to use that. I got lemonade from Publix but I am sure it has tons of sugar. I like it though lol

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!