Monday, August 6, 2012

A Sad Goodbye and an Olympic Mani

Hey Everyone! It has been a long, hectic weekend and last half of last week. My son returned from his trip and I had the kids at work and I am just mentally worn out and physically tired. Today we had to say goodbye to our oldest dog Midget. She is the one in the back left of the picture closest to the door. My dad got her from a little girl on his route who used to feed her doritos. Her mom wouldn't let her keep the puppy any more and told her to go out to the parking lot (they lived in an apt building) and let it go. My dad used to talk to the girl when she hung out at the mailboxes waiting for the mail and told her to give him the puppy. Midget fit in his hand. She came to our house and never left.

She was a spunky little girl with a crooked tail who loved to give hugs. She had cancer and unfortunately got to the point where it was best to let her go. She has joined her friends Auggie and Dakota over the rainbow bridge today. She was loved and will be missed.


I don't have a whole lot to say today so I will just show you the pictures of another Olympics mani.


I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Thinking of Blue for the base.



I used the star image on Bundle Monster plate BM21 for the design.


I used a red striper glitter polish to put some color into the design. I left my ring finger with the stones on it alone as an accent finger. I really just didn't want to have to take the stones off.







This is the fuzzy army that was posing with my nails the other day. Two of them went to live with my cousin's twins and the rest went to wish my friend Jess a Happy Birthday. I need to make more of them as I find them incredibly entertaining.

That's all for now :)

10 comments:

  1. So sorry about your furry girl. Even when you know it's time, it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is, it was definitely for the best but it is still sad.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your dog :( On a brighter note, I've just nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award! You can find out more details here:

    http://haphaphappyhands.blogspot.com/2012/08/im-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi.

      I will try and check it out later! Thank you for thinking of me :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Julie!!!! This is so sad, even when you know it was the best for her! Big hugs to you all and especially to your Dad!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Silke!!! My dad will appreciate the thought! He is doing pretty good, he KNOWS it was time it is just hard to let go. She was a good girl.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry, sweetie! Your mani looks great though. :cathug:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry :( I've lost my puppy 6 years ago and I'm still not over it. It's so sad because you know they can't say anything about their pain, but you see it in their eyes. I hope she didn't suffer that much. Hugs to you and your dad!
    The mani is lovely! I love stars and you can never go wrong with the white, red and blue combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hugs to you too! It is tough. I lost my Dakota about 6 years ago too, that was tough as she was "my" dog more than the family dog. My son still misses her and will talk about her too. they can't tell us what is wrong which makes it hard but I know that this was the right thing to do. I hope she wasn't suffering too much.

      Thank you :)

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!