Tuesday, August 7, 2012

USA Dots

Hey Everyone! I am tired. Is it Friday yet? I need a nap, a vacation and some relaxation. I probably won't get any of those this week but hopefully soon. I am beyond excited that school will be starting soon and I can get back into the normal routine. 

Today I have more fun American Spirit nails for you. They are red, white and blue anyway.


Over my already existing glitter mani I used two shades that I thought were jelly like. Unfortunately they were not jelly enough to show the glitter the way I saw it in my mind. This was sort of a fail in that regards.


I used two coats of Maybelline Sunburst and two coats on China Glaze Man Hunt. I thought I was using Ride the Waves but apparently not. Hmmm. Interesting. Anyway, as you can see Sunburst shows the glitter much more than Man Hunt.


I left my accent nail because I still didn't want to remove the gems.


I used a dotting tool to do the corresponding color dots. I am not all that great with dots but they didn't come out too bad. Some of them anyway.


It isn't the most Olympic like mani but it was pretty decent. Now I just need to figure out how to get the top coat to not smear my stamping/dotting.


Both of my thumbs have been having issues with peeling and tears. They both have silk wraps on them and my glitter polish had to be removed to silk wrap them. They chipped really quickly but I wanted to show what the base colors look like without the glitter under there. This is two coats of Sunburst.


This is two coats of Man Hunt which is from the Safari collection. 

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Super fun! I need to try dots in dots sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, I like the dots in dots though sometimes they look like eyes that are staring at me. I thought about doing dots in dots in dots but was too tired to mess with it anymore lol

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!