Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dragon Scales

Hey Everyone!!! Yesterday I got it in my head that I wanted to make some polish jewelry pieces. I pretty much spent the day thinking up designs and being very antsy to get started. I only was able to start one piece being that I was at work and by the time I got home I was tired and not feeling well. Apparently I am going to make the pieces I planned out because I am ready to work on them! I always get these crazy ideas I feel I must do and then I work and work on them. Sometimes I actually finish them and sometimes I don't. I have a problem with not finishing projects too. 

Today I have the finish of the mani I showed you last week. I started with a base of Catrice Enter the Undergrowth and Darling Diva Pendragon. I turned that mani into a dragon mani. 


I used GALS stamping plate GA14 and Konad black stamping polish. I thought this image would give it a scale like appearance.


I used Matte Top Coat to give it a matte effect. I love matte top coat over glitter. 


I love this mani. I love the colors and with the stamping I can totally see dragon scales. 


My stamping did get a little bit smeared by the top coat but I think it was mostly my fault. It didn't happen on every nail. I really need to get better at top coating stamping.


I love this mani. I love Pendragon and had it on my wishlist for a really long time before I finally pulled the trigger. I am so happy that I did. 


I was also thinking this color combination would make a nice camo mani. I might have to try that at some point later on.


That's all for now :)


2 comments:

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!