Monday, August 18, 2014

Contrary Polish 18th and Vine

Hey Everyone!!! Happy Monday!! The kids started school today here. This is both exciting and not so exciting for me. After the week from hell with T last week over band I am glad that the summer torture season is over. If we had to do one more week of that one of us would have ended up having a breakdown. I think we have everything settled now and things should be good but one can never tell with T. I am not real excited for the assignments and activities that the school year brings much less that he is another year closer to graduating. I still want to be able to go backwards in age so I can make him little again instead of this growing up junk. 

Today I have a quick mani I had done to showcase my Mundo de Unas stamping polish.


I started with a base of Contrary 18th and Vine from the 2013 No Place Like Home Fall Collection. 18th and Vine is a gorgeous purplish blue color with pink shimmer. This type of color is gorgeous but the main reason I can't classify my polishes by color. Is it purple? Is it blue? 


 I used one of my recent plate arrivals Sugar Bubbles plate SB004 and Mundo de Unas Stamping Polish in Mexican Pink to create a stamped accent nail. I thought the design looked like snails. I was hoping the pink would go good with the pink shimmer from 18th and Vine.


I don't have very many Contrary Polishes though I have no reason why. I always love the polishes but for some odd reason they never seem to come live with me. 


The formula was excellent and applied so nicely. I used three coats. I think the color in the outdoor pictures above were slightly washed out a bit. I love the shimmer in the Contrary Polishes! So very pretty. 


I just made the mistake of checking out Llarowe for other Contrary Polishes. I can not figure out why I do not have more of these polishes! I have my eye on several right now.

That's all for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!