Monday, February 10, 2014

Chromatic Creation

Hey Everyone!!! Mondays are very much not my friend. I think I might have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I didn't have much interest in getting up and I was having a really weird dream. I was also in a pretty deep sleep when that stupid alarm went off. 

I have a few pictures of Bruce in his fort to make Monday a little better. I WILL get back to Monday Blues soon I just need to get a little more organized. I actually have a blue mani on today and it is Monday but it isn't ready for the blog yet. Anyway back to Bruce.


We had the dog food cases sitting next to the couch and he decided he was going to get behind them and hide so he would be ready for attack.


Now of course when I grabbed the camera instead of being in the stealthy observation position with his head now and his little eyes peering just over the top of the cans he decided he had to act like he was just hanging out and not stalking.


The little bug knows when I grab that camera and every single time he moves from the position I was trying to take a picture of. This is the closest to his stalking stance but he was much lower. I actually didn't notice him behind there at first. Sadly we had to take his fort down but I am sure he will find a new post soon.

So this month at Sally Beauty Supply Finger Paints are on sale Buy one Get one Free. I of course had to take that offer up and also see if they had their new holo polish out. I wasn't sure what to expect from this polish because holo and mainstream brands don't often go together. 


Finger Paints Chromatic Creation is one of the new colors in the newly designed Finger Paints line. Would you believe that stupid index finger nail broke even more and is now shorter than in that picture. I have no idea why these nails taunt me so. I used three coats of Chromatic Creation for this mani.


In the bottle Chromatic Creation looks like a silver polish. I saw no hint of holo at all in the store, my house or even outside on the way to the car. I don't remember if it was a cloudy day that day but when I wore this I only had a little bit of sun to work with. Inside my office the holo came out to play a bit. 


I saw some pictures about the internet of this one and in my opinion the pictures I had seen look a lot more holo than it looked on my nails. 


The application was really nice on this one though. I didn't have the dragging and balding that you have with some holo polishes. I didn't even wait very long in between coats and still no problem. This one doesn't apply as nicely as the Color Club Holos which are amazing but it is a lot better than the China Glaze Hologlam collection.


I managed to get some sun shots on day 2 of this mani. I will say I had applied this over my gel mani but did not use a top coat. I had no issues with the tips wearing off or chipping at all. I can't say for sure if having the gel mani base helped in that area but I was impressed that the polish still looked good.


In the sun you can see the holo better. In the shade it looks like a silver polish.


I took a ton of pictures of this one. 


I'm glad to see that Finger Paints decided to put a holo in their line up. Now if we could get companies to stop calling things holo that clearly aren't holo things would be good.


I finally had to give in and cut down my ring and pinky nails a bit. So far it has helped keep them from breaking which is good. I think this is the first time in a long time I have had all the nails on one hand be longish at the same time.


I didn't even realize until I just typed that about shortening my nails that I did it while wearing this mani. Duh. I guess you can tell which pictures were taken the first day and which were taken the second day now.


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!