Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Partly Cloudy Mystic Blue Gel Mani

Hello Everyone!!! We didn't have a very good week last week so I was in no mood to post and I didn't even want to go near the computer last night. Yesterday's events were just awful and my heart goes out to the people and families of those that were killed and injured in Boston. I have no words, none that I deem publishable anyway, for the situation and people behind it.

Today I am going to show you what is supposed to be another blue mani but it doesn't look very blue. It is a gel mani which has been my base mani for the past week or so.


I used Artsyfartsy Crafts gliter in Mystic Blue.


Mystic Blue is gorgeous and so pretty in the light.


I used Le Chat Perfect Match Mood Polish in Partly Cloudy for the base.


Partly Cloudy looks like a sheer whiteish pearl color when it is on warm nails. The glitter gradient was supposed to go from my cuticles up but didn't cooperate much. Over Partly Cloudy Mystic Blue looks more purple than blue.


The mani is still very pretty and slightly more blue in real life but not much.


The problem I learned later is that Partly Cloudy turns more purple than blue when it gets cold. I have showed and worn this polish before so I don't know why I was somewhat surprised that it was more purple than blue.


I didn't get a picture with my nails totally turned but I did put them against my cold drink to get the color change going.


See more purple than blue. I don't know what I was thinking.


I get cold a lot at work and noticed my nails had a slight tint of purple to them a lot. Nothing as noticeable as the pictures above but they definitely looked different when I got cold.


I really like the mani even if it isn't completely blue. I love color changing polish and LOVE Le Chat's Mood polishes. I need to get a couple more because they are pretty cool.

That's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool colour changing polish!

    Terrible, senseless tragedy in Boston yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need all the color changing polishes now lol

      Delete
  2. Yep, I'm seeing purple here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. If it wasn't pretty I would call it a fail. It is a blue fail though lol

      Delete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!