Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day Hearts

Hey Everyone!! I have been running around a bit since my dad had surgery this week and things are a little hectic. Between visiting him at the hospital and taking care of the dogs I have had these Valentine's Day manis but hadn't had the chance to edit the pictures and get them ready for posting. I am behind but I have several manis to share and a few more since I still have three days until the evil "holiday". I will either post a couple a day or I will just let them run past Valentine's day, not sure yet. 

Looking at the pictures of the base I used for today's post I feel kind of like Goldilocks and the three bears. The first picture is a little too bright because my camera freaked out on this polish when I was outdoors. The third picture is a little too light and washed out. I wish I could say the middle picture was just right but it the polish is actually a little more vibrant in real life. The pictures of the final mani are most color accurate. I hate when I can't get good pictures of a color.

The base for this mani was LA Colors Gel Like in Stunner. 


This polish totally freaked my camera out because it is absolutely not this bright. Not even a little bit. I do love this color though and would like a polish that looks just like this. I probably have one actually.


This is the closest picture to the actual color. Stunner is a really pretty bright coral color. Love the color even if I can't get my camera to take an accurate picture.


This one is a little too washed out. The life of a blogger is always exciting. Sometimes no matter how hard you try you just can not get an accurate picture. 

I went to three Family Dollar stores to try and find these Gel Like polishes. I found one display which was 98% empty and in the other stores I found little buckets with the polishes they had left. I was able to grab a few but I wasn't able to get all of the ones I want. This particular one is a nice color but the brush was thick and difficult. I used two coats but it was nice and thick and had the brush been more cooperative I could have almost done one coat. It also didn't really self level which drove me nuts. The color is nice and I did think it might be nice for stamping.


I decided to stamp some hearts on this one. I used Dashica XL SdP-111 and China Glaze Tip Your Hat to stamp the hearts on the background.


I thought it would be a nice time to double stamp so I decided to add a couple of darker hearts on a couple nails. 


I used Vivid Lacquer plate VL001 and China Glaze Out Like a Light for the accent hearts. I love how the final mani looked. Even in the stamped pictures the base color was playing games.


That's all for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!