Friday, April 11, 2014

Secret Periwinkle Flowers

Hey Everyone!!! Happy Friday to you! I am so tired today. Instead of going back to sleep for a bit after dropping T off at school I went to the grocery store. I then made lunch and went over to the kennel to try and get some pictures of the dogs before coming to work. I am actually regretting not sleeping now that it is slow and I am quite sleepy. It is either going to be an early night or a lazy night because right now I am pretty tired. Thank goodness it is Friday!

Today I have another Gel mani for you with some stamping. I only have three pictures though for some reason. I was really eager to play with my new Konad toys that a lovely nailboard friend sent me. I have never had an actual stamping polish so I was super excited to use one of the ones she sent. I didn't quite think the color combination through though and I ended up not liking this mani as much as I wanted to.


I started with a base of Gelaze Secret Periwinkle. This one was a little thicker but application was no problem. It actually lasted about 6 or 7 days before I had lifting and chipping and had to remove it. The abuse I put this gel mani through included scrubbing 30 muzzles clean at the kennel.


I used Konad plate M64 for the flower design and Konad Yellow stamping polish. I then used Milani Creamy Pistachio to add random dots. I must say using polish that is meant for stamping as opposed to polish that may or may not stamp well is quite nice. I have never used an actual stamping polish and not having to worry about if it is going to show up is great. It is also great to know that you can rely on that polish to do what you want instead of being disappointed when your stamping is so subtle it is hardly noticeable. I wouldn't stop stamping with normal polishes but I definitely see myself buying some more stamping polishes! 


That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!