Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Oopsie Daisies Witchcraft

Hey Everyone! Oh what a day. Little Neil still doesn't feel well. He is not acting his normal weird self so he is going to the doctor tomorrow. I keep worrying about him. I was alone in the office today running both the office stuff and the warehouse. I am tired. It is hot. I should probably go home and take a shower before the visitation, hopefully I have time. I really am ready for a nap. 

Today I have the second polish in the awesome Oopsie Daisies Sanderson Sisters Halloween trio. 


The Sanderson Sisters Halloween Trio consists of For Thy Sisters, I'll Take Thee Away and Witchcraft. The The trio is based on the Halloween movie Hocus Pocus. 


Witchcraft was inspired by the evil sister Winifred Sanderson. This polish is a black jelly base packed with green holo, green, turquoise and silver glitter in different sizes and finishes. In addition to all that awesome glitter there are large turquoise dot glitter. Oh yes, there is holo dot glitter in there! 


How awesome is this polish? I love the glitter combination in this one. As you can see in the top picture this polish also comes with a baggie of extra dot glitter. The dot glitter is heavier and will sink a bit in the polish making it harder to get out. To ensure that you will be able to get the glitter easier you can turn your bottle upside down for a few minutes, around 5 will work nicely. Once you flip the bottle back over the dot glitter is easier to reach. Since Cathryn is so awesome she also includes the dot glitter with each bottle so that you have the option of adding more or simply placing the glitter where you want on the nail. 


I used the turn my bottle over method instead of using the extra dots for this mani. I wanted to see how hard it was to get these dots out so I could let you know. I used three coats for this mani.


I actually wore this one all weekend as we went out of town for a baby shower. I had to choose between a baby shower themed mani and this awesome polish. This one won hands down.


For the first coat I didn't worry about getting any of the holo dots out because it was the first coat. I think I actually did get one dot to come out for one of the nails on the first coat. 


Application was nice for this polish and the glitter is really nice and abundant. I had some issues with the seche vite giving me shrinkage making my tips look worn. I was not thrilled with this but it wasn't the fault of Witchcraft at all and it didn't happen on all of my nails. 


I absolutely love the glitter in this polish! Those holo dots are awesome and I love how they look when there is a little bit of polish over them.


I was more eager to see how the dots came out on the second and third coats. I initially left the bottle upside down for a few minutes to start the second coat. Once I did this I was able to get dots easier. By the time I got to my second hand though it was more of a fishing game. They were not overly difficult to get out but I did have to dip my brush a few times to catch a dot.


For the third coat I just went ahead and turned the bottle over again after I finished my first hand. The dots came out easily and at times I got more than one dot. 


I took a ton of pictures of this one too. I love those dots and I really love that green glitter. Together they are spectacular. 


It has taken me all day to write this post! Every time I get rolling a phone call or order has come in.


Finally all is quiet but now it is almost time to go home. Gah.


At least it is Wednesday. I was thinking that this mani might look good with some stamping but then I chickened out. It is pretty and I have no idea what to stamp over something like this. I just enjoyed the awesome polish instead.


I love this one on my pointy nails too. It reminds me of witches.


Once again I couldn't get the sun to show how pretty it was on camera. Today we have no sun so I was lucky to get some sun shots for this one.


I also LOVE this polish with matte top coat. Super cool looking. 

If you want to pick this or any of the awesome Oopsie Daisies polishes up you can find them here. They are $8.50 each and they are awesome.

That's all for now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!