Thursday, October 20, 2011

Skulls and Skeletons

Hey Everyone! My goodness. Mr. Bruce Kittlee Master Ninja Warrior just jumped up on the refrigerator, grabbed a snack bar from the bowl we keep up there and ran away with it. I think he might be trying to tell me that he is hungry. lol. He is quite funny.

Today I have another Halloween mani for you. 


I had to do this whole mani twice and some nails three times. Everything was going wrong that could go wrong. I started with a white base but it wasn't drying, the decals were not cooperating and it just was not my night. Would you know that Mr. Bruce just got up there and threw down another snack bar?! I tell ya!


I used two coats of Zoya Dove for the base. I need to get a good white so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears! I have been using the Wet N Wild 99cent white polish but it is streaky and after two thick coats if it does even out it doesn't want to dry. Drives me nuts.


I used Jesse's Girl Blackout to stamp the skulls. I looove that polish, it is my go to black for stamping. The brush is starting to get wonky on it but other than that I love the polish.


I used Zoya Jem to color the eyes. I had seen a mani somewhere, I am sorry I don't remember where or who did it, that had used rhinestones for the eyes. I used that as inspiration and colored the eyes on these skulls. I don't think I like the look of it but it does add a pop of color.


I used these cute skeleton water slide decals I bought from LuckyStarStyle as an accent nail. When I ordered these decals they looked so super cute online but I didn't quite take into account that they would have to be made smaller. When I got them I was a little disappointed because they are so small and the detail is not very visible. You have to look really hard to see the details on the nail. The bf said it looked like a stick figure. I was so excited about these little guys too. :( 


It was getting late since I had to do the mani over and over so I didn't do cleanup and I apologize for that. The decals didn't come out as nice as I would have hoped but I was being extra careful because the polish wasn't 100% dry yet. I also used a bit too much water which cause some wrinkling. 


Over all it isn't too bad. Kinda cute in a different sort of way. I am not sure that the skeleton goes well with the skulls but what can you do. 

That's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I think this mani looks very cute! I have trouble finding a good and cheap white around here too. But I think it looks so much better on grey. You were very patient too. I'm always lazy to redo a manicure if it's not right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Oh, I am majorly crazy about my manis, I can not just redo one nail. If I mess one up 95% of the time I have to redo them all. I am a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete

Wow, it has taken me a year to figure out how to write this here! I love comments! I read them all and try to respond as quickly as I can. Thank you for reading and commenting!